Introduction : Strawberry Biscuits
Welcome, food enthusiasts, to another mouthwatering adventure in the world of culinary delight! Today, we’re diving into the realm of biscuits, but not just any biscuits – we’re talking about the irresistible Strawberry Biscuits. Imagine the perfect balance of flakiness, sweetness, and that unmistakable strawberry essence. These biscuits are perfect for breakfast, brunch, or a sweet treat any time of day. Whether you’re a seasoned baker or just starting, this recipe is your gateway to biscuit heaven.
Who Will Love This Recipe?
Calling all dessert enthusiasts, brunch hosts, and anyone with an insatiable sweet tooth! Strawberry Biscuits are perfect for those who appreciate the delightful marriage of tangy strawberries and buttery, flaky biscuits. This recipe seamlessly combines the classic goodness of biscuits with the vibrant allure of strawberries. It’s a treat that appeals to all ages and makes for a stunning centerpiece at any gathering
Who is this Recipe For?
This recipe is designed for anyone who craves a fusion of traditional comfort food and a burst of fruity goodness. If you’re a biscuit aficionado or a strawberry lover, this delightful creation is tailored for you. These Strawberry Biscuits are versatile enough to satisfy your morning cravings or to impress guests at a weekend brunch.
Why Strawberry Biscuits are Great
What sets Strawberry Biscuits apart is their unique combination of flavors and textures. The buttery and flaky biscuit layers perfectly complement the juicy sweetness of fresh strawberries. This recipe brings together the familiarity of classic biscuits with the playful twist of summery strawberries. Plus, it’s a fantastic way to use up those ripe strawberries that are calling out to be savored.
The Magnificence of Strawberry Biscuits
Picture this: golden-brown biscuits, just out of the oven, with a crisp exterior that yields to reveal layers of tender, fluffy goodness. Now, imagine those biscuits generously studded with chunks of ripe strawberries, their crimson hue peeking through cracks in the dough. With each bite, you’ll experience a symphony of flavors – the natural sweetness of strawberries complemented by the rich, savory notes of the biscuit.
- 2 Mixing Bowls
- Baking sheet
- Pastry cutter or fork
- Rolling Pin
- Biscuit cutter or glass
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup cold unsalted butter cubed
- 1 cup fresh strawberries diced
- 2/3 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat your oven to 425°F (220°C) and line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, whisk together the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt.
- Add the cold butter to the dry ingredients and cut it in using a pastry cutter or fork until the mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- Gently fold in the diced strawberries.
- Make a well in the center and pour in the buttermilk and vanilla extract. Mix until just combined; do not over mix.
- Turn the dough out onto a floured surface and knead it gently a few times.
- Roll out the dough to about 1-inch thickness and use a biscuit cutter or glass to cut out biscuits.
- Place the biscuits on the prepared baking sheet, ensuring they’re close but not touching.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown.
- Once baked, let them cool slightly before serving.
Tips for Baking Success
For extra flaky biscuits, make sure your butter is cold and handle the dough as little as possible.
Don’t skip the step of folding in the diced strawberries – they add a burst of flavor that elevates the biscuits.
Experiment with different biscuit sizes to suit your preference, whether you prefer bite-sized treats or larger, more substantial biscuits.
NUTRITION FACTS: Calories: 180 | Total Fat: 8g | Saturated Fat: 5g | Cholesterol: 20mg | Sodium: 320mg | Total Carbohydrates: 25g | Dietary Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 6g | Protein: 3g
If you somehow manage to have leftovers, store them in an airtight container at room temperature for up to two days. To retain their freshness, you can reheat them in a preheated oven at 350°F (175°C) for a few minutes.
Food and Drink Pairings
These Strawberry Biscuits are a treat on their own, but if you’re looking to elevate the experience, consider pairing them with:
- Clotted cream and strawberry jam for a classic British scone vibe.
- Whipped cream and a dusting of powdered sugar for a dessert-like indulgence.
- Freshly brewed iced tea or lemonade to balance the sweetness.
- Can I use frozen strawberries?
Absolutely! Just make sure to thaw and drain them before adding to the dough.
- Can I make the dough ahead of time?
Yes, you can prepare the dough, cut out the biscuits, and refrigerate them overnight. Bake them fresh the next morning.
- My dough is too sticky. What should I do?
Sprinkle a little flour onto the dough and your hands to make it easier to handle.
- Can I use whole wheat flour instead of all-purpose flour?
While it might alter the texture slightly, you can definitely give it a try for a healthier twist.
- How do I know when the biscuits are done baking?
Look for a golden-brown color and a slightly crispy exterior.
And there you have it – a delightful recipe for Strawberry Biscuits that combines the goodness of biscuits with the freshness of strawberries. Whether you’re treating yourself or sharing with loved ones, these biscuits are bound to be a hit. Don’t keep this treasure to yourself – share the love by passing on the recipe and subscribing to our blog for more culinary adventures. Happy baking!